Dogs eye stitches

jodik
jodik
About 10 days ago my dog had eye surgery...the vet was not going to send him home with a cone on his neck but I requested one. They didn't have his size and pieced one together kind of a shabby one if I say so myself.needless to say it didn't do the job. Anyhow last night I noticed that his stitches were no longer there on the outside lid. His eye looks not normal I don't know if there are other stitches I there or what to do. I called the vet but he isnt working neither is he tech. The receptionist told me that it had probably been long enough that he'd be fine but she's just a kids and his eye doesn't look normal. Help

Best Answer

• Dog.Lover
    Dog.Lover
    edited June 2016 Answer ✓
    Hello and sorry about your dog's condition.

Well it really depends, if your dog is fine and he is responding to motion toward his eyes I believe everything is ok but if you want to make 100% sure it would be better if you take him to a Vet to check it up.

FYI :
    There are different kinds of stitches and some types dissolve after a certain time and no more actions would be needed (But please refer to your Vet's recommendations regarding this issue) . I assume they used this kind of stitches.

The time it takes for dissolvable or absorbable stitches to disappear can vary.
    Most types should start to dissolve or fall out within a week or two, although it may be a few weeks before they disappear completely. Some may last for several months.